UPDATE: Leeds Station car park will now remain open until May 2019.
We’re getting in touch to let you know about some changes to car parking facilities at Leeds Station from Christmas Day 2018.
Network Rail, are carrying out significant improvement works at Leeds station which includes the build of a new, additional platform. As a result, there will be no customer car parking at Leeds station for the next two years.
We understand that this isn’t ideal for our customers, so we have secured 45 parking spaces in the multi storey car park at Leeds station, specifically for use by holders of the LNER Standard Business Package only.
However, as these spaces are limited, they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis each day. This means we cannot always guarantee a parking space with the purchase of this package.
For customers who purchase other rail tickets, there are a number of alternative Leeds city centre car parks at the following locations:
- CitiPark (Whitehall Road)
- Q Park (Sovereign Square)
- Trinity Leeds Shopping Centre
Alternatively, business travellers who live south of the Leeds area have the option to drive to Wakefield Westgate station, where there is a large multi-storey car park for train customers with 900 spaces. LNER also operate a high frequency of services to/from this station – two services per hour throughout the majority of the day.
For business customers who live in other areas outside of Leeds and usually drive to the city, there are a number of other stations in West Yorkshire with car parks, and LNER direct services to/from London King’s Cross at the following times:
- 06:30 Bradford Forster Square to King’s Cross, calling at Shipley (06:37), Leeds (07:00) Car Parks available at Bradford Forster Square and Shipley
- 06:55 Skipton to King’s Cross, calling at Keighley (07:07) and Shipley (07:17), Leeds (07:40) Car Parks available at Skipton, Keighley and Shipley
- 07:34 Harrogate to King’s Cross, calling at Horsforth (07:52), Leeds (08:15) Car Parks available at Harrogate and Horsforth
We apologise for the inconvenience these improvements works may cause, but we’re certain the temporary disruption will be worth it.